My 86 year old mother bought a dishwasher at Sears and in less than a year It stopped working.A repairman came out and said he needed to order a part and it would take approximately two weeks and it would be sent to the residence.

Well it’s been four months and the part still has not arrived. After the fourth service call, the repairman advised my mother that the part was on back order and they had no date of when a new part would be available. The repairman offered no solution to my mother. She wanted replacement due to the fact it had been four months and still no part.

On behalf of my mother I went to the local Sears to speak with a manager. I Advised the manager of the situation and told him my mother would like a replacement and he said he was unable to authorize or make that decision. It’s been a week since I spoke with the manager and still nothing has been done.

My mother feels like she is left with no other alternative but to take legal action due to the fact they have not honored the warranty.Keep in mind my mother has two warranties on the dishwasher; the sears personal warranty and the manufactures warranty, which it was still under at the time machine stopped working.

Review about: Dishwasher.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace the dishwasher with a new one and include the sears personal extended warranty at no charge for the inconvenience this has caused..

Comments