State: New Jersey City: Newark Product: Sears Repair Clear all filters (5 of 505 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Newark, New Jersey - $140 for 15minutes stop

last Thanksgiving 2 days prior, the oven was locked (I unlocked myself with a wire hanger). We called Sears to send a repairman. On the phone conversation (somewhere in India), the guy was pushing for a $250 repair that will cover any repair up to $500 (of course one time offer trap). I selected to pay a $140 repair. The repairman came. He looked at the oven, opened and closed the oven door repeatedly for 5 mn. His assessment was that the motor is burnt and the price to replace it is $600 (waiting period a week to receive the part then reschedule a repair appointment) and maybe also the electronic display is also defective. At that point you know they have no clue. He was surprised that I mentioned that a big burnt motor I would have noticed the burnt smell. Of course I refused the repair. We called a local oven repair, they knew the exact problem by reading the error on the display. We paid $70 for initial visit and this price is subtracted to the total repair. Oven now is fixed thank to local oven repair for $145 total cost. Do Not Go To Sears repair unless you have warranty (free repair)

Sears appointments

Called Sears for appoint to repair dryer. Person they sent to repair washer washer did not speak English very well and couldn't tell me what was wrong. When he left told he said washer was fixed. When my grandson tried to use dryer he smelled gas and saw that the exhaust hose was not put back on. Called Sears and all they said was that they would send someone to repair it and my washer at the same time. That was 8 weeks and three cancellations ago. Would give me an appointment six weeks in advance and when the repairman didn't show up their excuse was "our computers are down and we couldn't get the information needed to get appointments. Even called two hours ahead of appointment to tell them our street was blocked and said they would let driver know. When I called back when he didn't show up and told them again that street was block. This time their excuse was that repairman couldn't come up my block if it was blocked. As huge as Sears is don't they have backup computers?
David
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous-269380:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered attempting to have your dryer repaired. I can certainly understand your frustration and concern when the original repairman didn't complete your repair and you smelled gas in your home. I'm not sure how to adequately convey sincerity to you but you should know that we are here to help with this and any other Sears related issue you may be having or have had. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to look into this for you and offer our assistance completing your dryer repair.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-269380) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

With Official Company Response
Sears Repair
I called sears to let them know of the problem I was having with my washing machine. They said over the phone that it was the pump and ordered on and told me to call them when the part came in. I called them and got an appointment 2 weeks later. The repairman came...

Currently on hold (23 minutes and counting) after a supremely frustrating experience with Sears repair service. The "supervisor" or whomever I was supposed to be transferred to, evidently hung up. This, after the following experience of "customer care:"

(1) My husband spent 30 minutes explaining to a barely-English-speaking rep that our combo washer and dryer was not draining water. (Provided all serial #s, etc.)

(2) We were given a date one week out for service, and told that we would require two repairmen to service the unit, based on its height (stackable) and the likely issue (pump). We were quoted a price of $129 for the two-servicemen visit.

(3) A single repairman shows up for the appointment, verifies that yes, indeed, two men are needed to service the unit, but alas, there is no one available.

(4) I can return tomorrow with another person, the repairman tells me: between 1 and 5.

(5) I call the service center to verify, and they respond that no, no appointments are available for AT LEAST another week (i.e., Oct 31). And they continue to tell me, in barely-comprehensible English, that it's my dryer that they show needs servicing.

When I ask to speak to a supervisor regarding what date two repairmen are ACTUALLY available (so as to have someone at home during the day) -- you guessed it -- I get the ten-minute hold and then the disconnection.

I don't even understand why Sears is using repair services that try to do the job on the cheap. From the bumbling service reps who would CLEARLY prefer to address clients in Spanish, to the hapless repairmen sent out to waste their time and customers WHEN THE SCOPE OF THE WORK HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED ...it's such a waste of time and money.

So now I'm stuck with a week's worth of dirty laundry, another week to wait to see whether the company gets the memo to send 2 guys this time, and no clue whether the pump can be repaired in one visit or not.

I know I will never, ever purchase any appliance through this company again. Their level of "customer service" speaks volumes. One more customer who will be sure to badmouth Sears at every opportunity.

View more comments
Sears Repair

Sears in Newark, New Jersey - Repair Service - 6.5 weeks - 6 App'ts - Still Not Working

Never again will we buy from Sears. In my humble opinion Sears Service is beyond HELP. We bought a Sears Washer and a Dryer 18 months ago. Two months ago our Dryer malfunctioned (the timer stopped working, and the Dryer will not stop running). We have had 6 appointments over the past 6.5 weeks, and the dryer is still NOT fixed. P.S. We were charged for the service and part right off the bat. I have spent 6 times (days) waiting for Sears Service technicians, each "wait" was 4 hours long. In addition I have spent numerous hours on the phone to no avail. We spoke to 1(800)469-4663(Beyond USELESS). We spoke to 1(800)479-6351 (Empathetic, but of no help). We spoke to (973)989-7440 Very empathetic, but of no help). Sears Service has twice mailed a (REBUILT) replacement timer. The first one was defective, the second one has yet to be installed. I should have read this blog/board before June 2010. Live and learn.

We had a front washer and dryer since April 2010. It was a Samsung that is suppose to be reliable.

The first repair came soon after where the washer did not have the 13 gallons filling up. The repairman sadi that it is still washing no big deal. yet the clothes did not come out clean. Second service call dryer turned on during the night all by it self and got extremely hot on the exterior.

Could have caught on fire. Repairman said he has no diagnostic tools to check circuit board and did nothing but leave. Next week the LE code was on washer when I walked into a flooded laundry room. Repairmen could not repair this because he said only can repair if he sees the code light on.

But since it takes a week or more for them to come out the light was off. I called and complained about the washer and dryer and was told I could replace them. The new ones arrived but were the wrong ones. These actually worked and filled up to 13 gallons but were low end Samsung.

So this weekend got the replacements to my more expesive model...same thing does not fill up to the 13 gallons.

Funny how the low end ones worked and the expensive models do not. I do not know what to do now.

It's the 7th week.

The last service call appears to have fixed the Dryer.

Hooray.

javascript:ac_smilie(':zzz')

Sam E

javascript:ac_smilie(':cry')

View more comments (2)
Review
#193426 Review #193426 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Sears sold me an unfixable product

I bought a Beverage cooler (a mini refrigerator) from Sears.Only had it for about 5 months. It cam with a dent in the door, they replace door, it had a broken tab, replace tab, this is the good part. The condenser got *** in it, freon all in my basement. I called the sent a tech out a week later ( I took off a day from work ). Said they will get the part and repair the frig. got the part. Two weeks later a Tech came to but the part in and said they needed another part. Found out the part is not available . Now the tell me it is no longer warranted. two days off from work. I called source one explained to them what happened. the said the have to send the head Technician to conferm the problem. now this is the 3rd day off from work. The technician called me at 11:00 ( the appointment is from 8 am to 12 noon what a window) and said their is no reason to come there so he did not show up. now I only had the frig for about 5 months . They wont fix it and if I want to fix it. I can not because there is no parts for the frig. I am self employed carpenter so every day off is money.I could have bought a new one with all the days off. If anyone else want to jump on this with their experience. email me eferraioli@verizon.net. My friend is a layer that is going to help. This is wrong what big companies do. Do not buy from SEARS OR KMART , SEARS AND KMART ARE ONE COMPANY NOW

Contact Sears Customer Service