With Company response Not resolved

Every communication I have had with Sears has gone wrong and the customer service people on the phone are extremely uncaring and robotic. I purchased a brand new Kenmore refrigerator for $1800 and a small freezer.

The refrigerator was delivered and the ice maker was not working. I called and went to the original store where I made the purchase. A new ice maker was ordered and I was told I would have to wait for 5 days after the delivery before the tech could come and install it. The tech did not want to look at the refrigerator unless the ice maker was there, not sure how they determined the cause to be the ice maker.

The freezer section and the refrigerator were working. Tech came out and worked on it for 3 hours, not an ice maker issue, there was a problem with the wiring and the refrigerator had to be replaced. Next day, I opened the refrigerator and all my food had gone bad because there was no cold air coming from freezer or refrigerator. I was told they would replace the refrigerator - I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER REFRIGERATOR FROM SEARS!!!!

I had a phone call from sears, customer service to say they would be picking up my freezer. I didn't have any problems with my freezer. Then we were disconnected and no one ever called back. I made several calls and finally the driver came out to pick up my broken refrigerator and was the ONLY nice person that I dealt with.

He called customer service to see if I could get a discount on a replacement and was told no. Even after I had lost a few hundred dollars worth of food and a few weeks of time and aggravation of dealing with the issue. The refrigerator is gone. Today I get an automated call from Sears saying to please call because my delivery is going to be delayed.

I call Sears and I'm told that I am scheduled for a refrigerator delivery. How can that be possible. Even when I go to hang up, the CS rep tells me in 24-48 hours I will get an email with my new delivery date. I don't think she understood one word I said to her.

Then after I started yelling about not wanting another one, she had the guts to ask me if I wanted to buy something from Sears. Are you kidding me?

Not one person got anything right. I have all my appliances from Sears, but it is time for me to move on and look at another company for my appliances.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Replacement.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Oct 11, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Cashli00,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry for the multiple setbacks you have faced since making your appliance purchases with us, and apologize for the trouble you are currently experiencing as you try to get your refrigerator returned. It is easy to understand why this whole situation has been disappointing for you, and we would like the chance to ensure that the remainder of your experience goes smoothly. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Cashli00), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.