I bought a brand new saw at a Sears outlet which was going out of business. Because I was in the middle of a move to a different house, I didn't open the saw for a couple of months.

Once I opened it, I noticed that the arbor nut (the part that holds the blade on) was missing. I placed an order with Sears for the nut. They were good about sending me updates as to the backorder status for about two months. Finally, they simply canceled the order completely without notifying me.

Now, 6 months after placing the order, I realized they canceled the order, so I contacted them.

They don't have the replacement part, and they don't show that they ever will...for a NEW saw! They will not issue a refund or replace the saw. I contacted their escalation department, and all they did is contact that Sears PartsDirect to get the same information I was given before. They couldn't get me in touch with anyone who might have a clue as to where I could obtain the replacement part.

They did offer me a 10% discount if I wanted to buy another saw. What an insult! I gave them $250 for a useless saw, and they want me to buy a replacement saw from them?!

Stay away from this company. They are headed for bankruptcy.

Just read the news. Any company that thinks buying KMart makes good sense cannot be trusted to stay in business much longer.

They have proven they don't care about the customer. Be warned.

Review about: Sears Table Saw Part Replacement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Sold me an usable power tool, No longer carry a necessary part, Canceled my order without notification, Customer service could not help, Took 250 dollars from me and asked to do it again.

Comments