2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My LG fridge stopped working last September. I had a Sears repair person come out and diagnose the problem, and then return several weeks later to replace compressor and condensor...

(since parts were backordered it took more than a few weeks). Fridge worked for almost 5 months before dying again. A different repair person came out and found that there was no charge in the compressor, so charged it. I had two other people (both different) come out and try to figure out why the fridge had died & lost charge to make sure it wouldn't happen again, but since it was working...

there was nothing to do. Sure enough, almost 5 months after the charge, the fridge died again. 1 appointment to diagnose and decide it could be the control board... so of course, had to order part and set ANOTHER appointment Control board replaced...

fridge still dead. Person arrived today JUST TO SAY THAT I NEEDED AN APPOINTMENT TO FIX THE FRIDGE - well DUH!!! He didn't do anything - he looked at the fridge and said "when would you like to schedule your appointment?". Ummm - NOW?

While you are HERE? So once again, had to set ANOTHER date (that would be Sears visit #10, 5 different repair people, so no continuity even though I have repeatedly ASKED for continuity - SAME repair person would be a good idea)... and I have no more vacation time at my job. So what the heck am I to do - no working fridge, no vacation time, and a garden full of produce that needs refrigeration and freezing NOW!

I called customer service, they apologized and said they would have dispatch call me and send the guy back today. LIES! They did this several weeks ago, too.

Customer service lies about having someone call me back, dispatch doesn't send people who know the history of the product. Tired of the runaround - just want a working fridge and paid $2500 for a pretty room temperature box in my kitchen instead.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Some of the service people explained the issuess.

I didn't like: Fridge not repaired.

Comments

LG Electronics

Hello, I hate to hear about the issues you encountered with your refrigerator. I can definitely understand how frustrating it can be to have a service technician come diagnose the issue just to say you will have to set up services in order for them to work on the refrigerator.

I would love to assist you with this issue.

If you have a moment, please click the link pasted below for further assistance. ^TH https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?id=WEB_100_dc978058e7a21d62434979917716ee40&agent=4581099

Debb343

Try emailing local news. Here it’s NBC “ consumer bob” like you, techs can’t seem to fix non cooling kenmore.

Anyway, got a call back from local news station to send any documentation, calls, responses and they will try to intercede on my behalf. Awesome