With Company response

Subject: Offer for Master Protection Agreement

Thank you for sending your offer for an extended warranty, this has refreshed my memory about the great time I had with the Sear Manager at the Main St. location in Corona CA. She was a thrill to see just how far Sear has come with customer service.

I visited this location on a Monday in around the first part of the month in October to purchase a dryer, mine was starting to make some noise, could have replaced the idler and rollers that the drum rides on…… I am a mechanical engineer.

I found the dryer needed and purchased it but needed to wait several days to pick the unit up due to they do not have any on location. I did inquire about the warranty; it was for a year as you know. I declined the extended due to the quality of your products.

I got the dryer home, out of the box and leveled with the gas hooked up.

No heat, I mean with the dryer running, no heat.

Just a reminder, the old one had heat, that is the electrical switches and gas valve was working, along with the GAS LINE….. I will get to this soon.

I called the store in which I purchased the dryer from, spoke with the manager, she first asked about if I had purchased the extended warranty. (The paint on the dryer is still drying….) I have not had this dryer in my possession for more than 1 hour.

Your store manager asked " Did you install a NEW GAS LINE" No kidding.

I questioned her on the "New Gas Line".

I ended up returning the dryer the next day, A very nice older man help with the return and advised me she had moved onto another store or up the latter to higher management.

My final question to her was can you deliver a working dryer to my house, I have spent the time and waited several days for one that didn't work. She again referenced the extended warranty.

I went to Lowe's that evening, got a dryer, brought it home, hooked it up……

And it WORKED, with the old gas line.

Ex Sears Customer

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Oct 26, 2011.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To PC270870,

I apologize for the negative experience that you've recently had with the Sears store in Corona, CA. Being that the dryer was delivered to you only days before, the question of an "extended warranty" was completely irrelevant to your situation and I can completely understand why this would frustrate you. That the added and unnecessary frustration was caused by a store manager is even more troubling. I realize that you have already replaced the dryer thru one of our competitors and I don't blame you. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience and to regain your trust in Sears. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we appreciate your business with Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number dryer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the following code (PC270870) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.