I purchased two large appliances from my local store, in Chicago. As it turns out, I have to upgrade my breaker box to accommodate the new appliances, so fine, I consulted an electrician. The electrician needs the appliances to be present to finish his work, but I can't schedule him to come in and work because Sears cannot tell me when they will deliver the appliances. They are telling me it will be on Monday, sometime after 8:00 am, but before 6:30 pm. I cannot reasonably expect a professional tradesman to just hang out at my home all day long waiting for this delivery. Sears response, I'm just out of luck. On Sunday, between 6:00 - 9:00 PM, the night before the delivery, they can give me a narrower window, but again, the electrician needs to schedule his clients and other projects and cannot just drop everything to accommodate me. A four hour window, that's all I'm asking for!

Also, the service is questionable. I bought the appliances from a local store, and they will be delivered by a third party delivery service, that I assume is local as well, but I have to deal with call center employees in Texas to schedule or ask questions about the delivery.

With all the competition and price matching available, I feel like I would be much better off purchasing the identical appliances from a local company. I mean, you never know, but it seems like I should be able to get more accurate information before a Sunday night at 9:00 pm, and I believe a local company would be able to do that for me. But then, Sears was offering 12 mos. no interest, which is hard for a smaller company to offer.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments