I placed an online order for a double wall oven and a washing machine, both on current sale. It was the second to last day of the sale--so I put the double oven on layaway, as I still wanted to speak to someone about it, to make sure it was a good oven--no problems.

They sent me a confirmation e-mail, said it was in processing--then proceeded to cancel my order 2 days later via e-mail. No e-mail/call in between the two to tell me there was a problem. I contacted them via 'chat' them after hours on the 09/20/2014, as it was late Saturday when I arrived home. They let on my credit card was a problem--I then said I was just at Sears that day, using it to purchase more items.

Then the rep changed and said it was because it was a high priced item, the order was held for 'fraud & security' the total order was around $2,000--???? I order items 3 times that cost online, never had a problem. The real issue appears to be, they did not want to honor the '35 year Sears Anniversary' sale price--cancelled it and now it is off sale and will not give me the price it was on for $1366, and want to charge me $2287. According to price viewer this oven has been on sale 4 times this year in the $1500 range--so for the anniversary sale being a couple hundred less, I do not believe this is a typo, if that is what they are trying to say (they will not come out an say it, but that is the only thing I can come up with for an answer to this bizarre behavior) ~ This renovation I am doing is due to a leaky roof--and I have had to do a complete ceiling removal and roof re-do.

I was finally getting to the point of getting excited about getting a new kitchen, after 2 solid years of having a house torn apart. I do not know if I should take this as a sign to stay away from Sears products and cancel the other items I have on order/in *** with Sears to purchase or fight for my rights on this.

I am just so weary with unethical, uncaring customer service now. My parents took me to shop at 'Simpson Sears' 40 years ago--my parents just re-did their house with Kenmore Elite products in 2012--I am so disappointed with a Company I thought was decent, doing something like this.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments