Resolved

Update by user Aug 15

Sears sent a technician to complete the repairs.

Update by user Aug 15

UPDATE: Sears sent a repair technician today. The compressor, dryer, and mother board were replaced. Hopefully these parts last longer than 2.4 years.

Original review posted by user Aug 13

Purchased Kenmore Pro appliances in the Spring of 2016 as a result of a kitchen remodel. The expensive microwave lasted 1 year and 6 days. Money wasted. Sears offered to send out a repair person for $80.00. This would cover the visit. I did not purchase their extended warranty. I've had a cheap microwave lasted a long time.

Now for my refrigerator--stopped working between July 10 & 11 2018. Took 2.5 weeks for Sears to send a repair technician. They said they put me on their emergency waiting list (what a joke). Spent hours on the phone trying to get a the appointment moved up. Repair tech comes and of course they can't fix it until the parts are ordered and come in (needs a new compressor). Guess what-- another 2.5 weeks before Sears will send a repair tech. -- but they will put me on their emergency waiting list. Repair man told me to contact sears when the parts came in and maybe they could move up the appointment. I contacted them when the parts came in and was put on the medical emergency list. My scheduled date is getting closer (tomorrow). Sears contacted me earlier today to verify that the parts came in. I informed them that I had contacted them about the parts over a week ago. About an hour later Sears contacted me a CANCELLED my appointment and informed me that I would have to wait until August 28th for a repair tech. Guess what. they are putting me on their emergency wait list.

I purchased their extended warranty which includes parts and labor. I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this matter in a timely fashion. In addition I inquired whether I could contact a local repair person and have the warranty policy pay them. I was informed that this option was not available in my area. I guess I live in the wrong place.

I feel that I have been very loyal to Kenmore/Sears over the years even though it is well know that their customer service is poor. Congratulations, Sears you have been promoted to absolutely awful customer service. I am sure you have no plans to changes that.

Reason of review: poor quality product, awful customer service for repairs.

Comments