Layout of Store

My disabled wife is moving to her son's home taking the washer and dryer.Went to Sears to look @ washers & dryers.

In their clearance section they had a Kenmore 400 series triple action washer marked down twice from $569 to $189. Salesman said it had been returned by the buyer and was in "Like New' condition. He said there was a manufacturer's warranty for one year. Went home and picked up our trailer.

Went back (20 mi. each way X4) picked up the washer. Removed the old washer she was taking . Installed and leveled the washer.

pushed the button to start - NOTHING. Tried to call the store - NO ANSWER. Got on line to call Sears - Got a woman in the Philippines. Asked for a US rep.

Waiter 12-15 min. Woman came on and I told her about the situation. She transferred me to a repair rep. Told her what was not happening.

She said to pull the unit out to get a serial #. I told her the unit had filled 3/4 full on Extra Small load setting. She said the problem was the water pump and the motherboard but, wasn't sure - A tech. would have to be scheduled.

She said she was sending a water pump and a motherboard to me and they would arrive in 4-7 days but a tech. would not come to install the parts till Aug. 14th!!! Over 2 weeks!

I asked to speak to her supervisor. She hung up on me. I called again. The next person - Same story but, I told her the water pump was OK and they didn't need to send one - Too late - They had parts in the system and they were on their way.

Called the store again - Still could not get the store to answer. Drove to the store. Salesman called the Lead sales woman to come there. She said she had a # for the man who schedules Service Calls.

Tried the # before I left the store. NO GOOD! Went looking for her. She was in HR and on the phone.

Told her the # was NG. I said I wanted to speak to the manager - She said I couldn't - I asked "Why?" She said he was in Hawaii on vacation! Said I wanted to speak to the Asst. Mgr.

- She said he was gone for the day! She went into another room and I heard her call for security! I left the store. Went home called to get the address and phone # for accounting - I had been @ this now for 5 hrs.

I told the woman I not only wanted my $$ back and compensation for 5 hrs. plus gas or I would sue . She refused to give me the # or address and hung up! Took the washer back to Sears.

Told the salesman I wanted a refund and the washer needed to be unloaded from the trailer. Three big boys and a Security Guard came out to watch me untie the washer. Went in and finally got my refund. Walked out and to my car W/ the Mall Security setting behind me waiting for me to leave.

What a travesty I endured over a washer they never tried out and just wanted to pawn it off on someone to have fixed. Wonder how many people bought the thing and returned it before me. Don't deal W/ Sears - They are owned by a corp. that simply does not care for their customers.

Sears is being milked by K-Mart and so is K-Mart by Executives in this corp.= The Detroit connection, if you know what I mean.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of item promised and product quality. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sears repair and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Sears needs to "they should pay for the time and labor i spent on install/ removal/ transporting x 2 + fuel + 2 1/2 hrs on phone to them" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.