With Company response Not resolved

In November of 2011, I (AKA Santa Claus) had bought my daughter a tablet from the sears website.After my daughter had opened it, it began to freeze and wouldn't work.

We took the tablet back to sears where they had informed us it was through a third party and we would have to return it through them. We contacted them and sent it back. After multiple e-mails back and forth and never receiving the item or a refund, we had contacted Sears. Sears informed us that this has happened to a lot of people through this company and that the company has shut down and no where to be found.

They said they would assist us on getting this fixed. They had wanted my mail confirmation that I sent the item back. I had sent this multiple times. In July of this year, Sears said they would need something from the post office that I had sent this back, my copy was not good enough proof.

We had spoke to our local post office and after 6 months the confirmation on line ticket is no longer available. It becomes archived and they can not access it. This information had been passed on to sears who told us we were basically out of luck. I continued to try to speak with them over the phone and by email but after one year of purchasing this item, I have nothing to show for it.

I am out of a product and money. I can eventually shrug that off, even though it would be hard because it was over one hundred dollars, but it's my daughter. My daughter feels Santa Claus had brought her a broken item and never had it fixed. How do you explain to a 7 year old that Santa Claus didn't do it.

She is worried that it will happen again this year.

If I can get any help in either refunding my money so I can buy her a new tablet or receiving a new tablet it would be appreciated.I was hoping to tell her Santa Claus brought it back fixed this year.

Review about: Sears Website.

Comments

nicksmom
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #594319

BEWARE- DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS ONLINE!!!I PURCHASED TWO ITEMS FROM SEARS- FINALLY AFTER 3 WEEKS THEY SENT ONE ITEM-I FINALLY CALLED WANTING TO KNOW WHERE MY 2ND ITEM WAS-THEY TOLD ME THEY CANCELLED THE ORDER.

1 MONTH LATER AND 5 PHONE CALLS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE- NO REFUND!!!

I AM FURIOUS-THEY KEEP TELLING ME TO WAIT 24HRS- I CALL EVERYDAY- NO RESULTS!I AM PISSED!

sessa
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States #580078

I have a suggestion America. How about we stop telling bizarre lies to our children about mythical beings like Santa and the Tooth Fairy sneaking into our homes, only to of course acknowledge the lies when kids get old enough to figure out the ridiculousness of them. Seriously, call me Scrooge if you like, but I just don't get it.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear rooshell2001,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your tablet that was purchased for your daughter. We understand the importance and significance of this gift and where you're coming from. We would like to look further into what has happened surrounding this order and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the tablet was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (rooshell2001 or reference number 365836) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.