Livonia, Michigan
2.9

My wife bought 3 pairs of slacks at our Livonia Sears store. She wanted to return them because of the fit.

There was a death in our family and we were out of town for two weeks. She forgot about them. When she remembered and tried to return, or exchange, or get credit toward something else, she was told that she was 7 days over the 30 day return policy.

She could NOT return, or exchange, or get credit toward anything else. She had the receipt and even the original bag.

We have been Sears customers for over 45 years, but will NEVER EVER go into another Sears store again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Sears Cons: Return policy.

Comments

Why won't you return? Because - AS YOU ADMITTED - you tried to return something past the maximum return timeframe and they wouldn't allow you to do so?!?

That makes you look bad, not the company. And, if your story is true about losing a loved one, I offer my sincere condolences. With that said, 30 days = 30 days. Two weeks = 14 days.

So, 30 - 14 = 16, meaning you had 16 other days that you were free to return them. Life happens.

I get it. But, you aren't offering a good look for yourself here.

Sears Reviews