With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 11, 2013

I am happy to say that Sears finally did refund me the credit owed as promised with an extra 10% for my trouble.It did take to the end of Dec.

to receive it though.

I still will never purchase anything from Sears online again.Not worth the chance or trouble.

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2012

I ordered a tool from sears on 11/20/12.They were doing a 15% discount online for tools on the day my order was accepted.

Then on 11/20/12 my order was canceled by sears because product was out of stock at the store. Didn't find cancellation notice until 11/22/12. I then went to web site to see if I could place an order again and of course they were back in stock. I immediately did an online customer serivce conversation with a representative asking why my order was cancelled and not just put on back order or at least given the option to decide what I wanted to do.

Through much conversation I was told I could order again at the 15% discount and credit would take 3-5 business days. Five days later problem still existed, no credit. Called customer service # and spoke to someone who again assured me that it had been done and would show up on my credit card as credit in 3-5 business days. It still hasn't been credited.

What does a customer have to do to get good customer service and resolution with sears?

As sad as it appears I know I probably will never get this credit from sears and shame on you.The lesson I have learned not only from my experience but from many online complaints that I found after this ordeal is this, I will never purchase anything from sears again.

Betty

Comments

ambitious1535

CAUTION with Sears online orders.First Sears allows third parties to sell on their site so you might not be dealing with Sears directly.

Second make paper copies and note conformation and/or receipt numbers. Third get an employee name and/or number from the call center you did any business with including calls for a credit or refund.

Also Sears does not control their Sears credit card anymore so you should assume any credit credit card transactions will take time.Sears and/or Sears online is NOT your grand mothers Sears.

SearsCares
Sears Response

exhausted2,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your online order. It is frustrating enough to encounter any trouble with online purchase, much less to have it cancelled without notice. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (exhausted2) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.