2.9
Layout of Store

Called sears home service to repair my six year year old Kenmore elite washing machine.The earliest available service appointment was five days away.

So after five days, the technician arrives and confirms my diagnosis of a bad tub bearing. (I'm a mechanic, and know a bad bearing when I hear one.) So the tech begins writing the paperwork for the repair. The tech of course, wants the machines' model number. Unfortunately however, the idiots who built the machine have placed the the paper sticker with the model and serial numbers right above the wash tub, where it is certain to deluged with wash water.

The serial number survived, but the model number did not. I Produced the owners manual for the tech, which had the first eight of the twelve digit model number on its' cover. Not good enough. After the tech left, I went online and found the remaining four digits.

This was not difficult,as there were only two variations, which I checked against part numbers at Sears parts online. The part numbers came up the same for both variations. So I called Sears, and told them that I had the model number.They scheduled me for the earliest appointment they had, only two days away this time. An hour before the scheduled appointment was to take place, I received phone call from the same tech that had come out on my first service call.

He stated that it didn't matter that I had the model number. He said the number must be on an the factory sticker or he would not service the machine. And lest you think I might fix the washer myself, the bearing/shaft assembly is mysteriously classified as a "restricted" part, available only to qualified sears technicians.

I've bought a lot of things from Sears over the years.But after this B.S., I would'nt buy a pair of socks from them!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "service what you sold me". mrgoodhands is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments