Layout of Store

I ordered a washer and dryer online. I ordered online because any time I go into Sears I feel like I'm surrounded by vultures working on commission.

I was instructed to call to schedule delivery. I called the home delivery line, they advised me to call the customer service line, which I did. They informed me that I would receive an e-mail in 3-5 days then I could set up the delivery. As I was purchasing due to my old washer being broken I informed them to cancel the order.

A few hours later I received confirmation that my order was being processed. I call customer service who says they can't cancel I need to call home delivery. I call home delivery who cancels but says in order to get a confirmation email I need to call customer service. Finally I get a confirmation email only to realize they charged my card several times.

Do they care? No. Are they able to tell me when my money will be refunded? No.

Thousands of dollars tied up.

The bright spot in all of this is that Lowes sold me the same set for $100 cheaper and delivered same day. Sears will probably close before I see my refund. Sears customer service is obviously outsourced and not even the good outsourcing where you can comprehend the broken English. They obviously have no level of continuity in training.

It's exceedingly obvious why Sears and Kmart are closing at an alarming rate. Stay away.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: When they will finally close, Promises of quality which in turn were false.

I didn't like: No customer service, Service or the quality, Lack of item promised, Payment problems.

Comments