1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a craftsman drill press from Sears 1 1/2 years ago.It recently broke, and the only place that will repair a craftsman tool is sears repair.

I was on the phone for 3 hours trying to find out where to bring the drill press for service. I was disconnected/hung up on from their Philippine support people 5 times. On the 6th time, I asked to speak with a manager and was told - there are no managers to speak with. So I called my local sears - at least they speak english.

The person in the Tool dept. (Chris) offered to find out what I need to do and would call me back. I wasn't holding my breath, but a few hours later she did call back and told me I could bring the item to them and they would send it out for repair. Great.

I brought it and got my receipt. Today, someone from repair called to speak with me regarding my repair - they left that awful customer service number which I knew I shouldn't call, but being a glutton for punishment I called. Once again, I got disconnected /hung up on 5 times and no one could tell me anything about my repair - they kept insisting I drop it off on February 25th.. Um you have my drill press already.

"Yes sir, just drop it off...' "You have my drill press!" "Yes sir, just drop it off...' " YOU HAVE MY DRILLS PRESS, I CAN'T DROP IF OFF BECAUSE i DID LAST WEEK". Hang up.... I will never again, buy a craftsman tool from Sears. Sears is no longer the company it once was.

I am 60 years old, and have been doing business with them for over 40 years - they're not my father's or my Sears any longer.

Do yourself a favor - there are many companies out there that want your business and provide good customer service - it's getting more rare as time goes one, but there are a few.Go there instead of going to Sears.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Chris in tools - panama city.

I didn't like: Craftsman repair, Customer service, Phillippine service, No manager to speak with.

Comments