Heather Dowell

Begin forwarded message:

First, an extended plan on a dryer was sold to me over the phone on 12/18 when I called in to schedule service on a dryer. I stated to the phone rep multiple times that the issue with the dryer was due to an accident caused by the user. The phone rep repeatedly assured me that the plan would cover it. Sure enough, the technician came out on 12/20 and stated that the plan would not cover the repair. He gave us an estimate of $135 to repair and said it would be fixed on 1/2/15. At the point, my husband said that he'd repair himself. On 12/22, I called to cancel and request a full refund on the plan that I had purchased (because the cancellation department was closed over the weekend). I was on the phone for nearly an hour and transferred to 3 different people. Each time, I was told that the best that they could do was deduct $135 from my $195 refund for the plan. I kept trying to explain that this makes no sense. If any thing, I should have only been charged for the $59 service visit since that's what I had been quoted for someone to come out and look at the dryer before purchasing the plan. We had refused the estimate for the repair so I should not be charged $135. No one could explain why I was being charged $135 for the repair and no one would help provide me with the refund that I deserve.

I plan to report to dispute and report this as a fraudulent charge with my credit card company.

Review about: Sears Repair.

I didn't like: Poor, Poor customer service.

Comments