Interlachen, Florida
With Company response Not resolved

Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer – Poor Service and lack of Ownership!

We purchased an Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer from our local Sear store in 2006. At the time of our purchase we also purchased the extended warranty for both the washer and matching dryer. We had done loads of homework prior to our purchase and were convinced that this was the pair that would meet our needs.

Over the past several years we have had service calls for both the washer and dryer. I unfortunately did not call as often as I should have called for service as I am not a complainer and just try to make things work even if not all parts are doing as needed. The final straw concerning our washer happen on June 21, 2011. The washer did its normal beeping noises and my son said, "Mom your washer is at it again". So I tried to make magic happen once again and force the machine to complete the load of laundry but my efforts did not work. So reluctantly I called Sears service at 1-800-469-4663, to my amazement they were able to offer service on the following day. I was sure that luck was with us on this issue with the washer and we would be back-up and running in no time. My son arranged to be off work so that he could meet the service man sometime between 1:00 and 4:00. The service technician did come to the house around 1:30 and supposedly replaced the defective part (the washer's brain) and assured my son that the washer was as good as new. When he called to report the news I was thrilled and looked forward to getting my laundry caught-up as soon as I got home after 6:00 pm.

I started a load of whites (bleach added of course) and thought all was good until the dreaded beeping sounds started again. I tried my magic yet again but nothing worked. I immediately called Sears service to request that the technician return to correct the issue. After several calls, request to speak with a manager, more calls to Sears's service and messages left for a manager I was still out of luck until Wednesday, June 29th. Please remember that I have good white clothes sitting in bleach in a washer that will not work that was serviced and pronounce good as new. I also want to mention that the Sears Manager has yet to call me back. Not good Customer Service. I was also hung-up on during one of my calls. I never used profanity or even got nasty. I was only insistent that I needed help.

On Thursday, June 23rd I called Sears Service yet again and still got lots of run around from everyone. I spoke with a gentleman named Gerald at 9:03 am in the complaints escalation department. I repeatedly asked to speak with a manager but he said, "A manager cannot do any more than I have done" he refused my request. He finally gave me the address for the corporate office but refused to give me a number. He stated that there was no number to give me. This is funny as I looked one up on the internet while I was on the phone with him. Lied too again!

I then proceeded to call the corporate number and talked with Teresa. Her number is (888) 266-4043 ext. 82. Please call and ask to hear the taped conversation. You will find it very interesting. I was informed that a washer is not an essential appliance and I would have to wait. She did offer however to force a new service time of Monday, June 27th. Still no one is willing to own my problem of poor service and washer that will not work.

My husband and I discussed the issue and finally decided that a new washer was our only option. We purchased a new washer from Lowe's on Thursday, June 23rd. I have washed multiple loads and am now finally caught-up on my laundry.

My next concern is that when my husband and son removed the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer that was pronounced "good as new" only the day before from our home it literally fell apart. I have pictures that I will attach (unable to attach my pictures). Please email me and I will be happy to send them your way. I am appalled at how we have been treated as once loyal Sears Customers. My home is full of all Sears sold appliances and has been for more than 25 years. I am no longer able to give my hard earned dollars to Sears! What a sad day.

Review about: Oasis He Kenmore Elite Washer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears?

Submit review

Comments

Parker

I have a Kenmore HE washing machine, tub and gears rusted out after four years.Purchased extended warranty and scheduled date for service.

We hade to pay a lady to sit at our home because my wife and I work out of town. Service guy did not show. Called the warrenty dept. and went through 30 minutes of *** of being referred to several people who barely speak english.

scheduled another service, paid the lady to sit at our home, service guy came and ordered parts which were delivered following week. Pre- schedule a service date, service tech did not show, couldn't find our home but was there the week prior. Went through 30-40 telephone *** again and scheduled another service date. We have not had a washer now for four weeks, are totally put off by Sears, kenmore etc.

etc. etc. we will NEVER purchase another kenmore product or anything from Sears again - EVER.

products are junk and warranty service is a complete joke.take my advice and purchase a maytag from Lowes or Home Depot.

Repair dude
to Parker #898862

Gotta laugh as the Maytag is still a whirlpool just like the dreded kenmore lol. Doesn't matter where you buy a machine there all the same.

Sears Cares

To squiggy from Texas,

I'm sorry that you have had issues with your Kenmore washer and that you had to pay for a repair. My understanding is that the washer is now fixed but we would still like to reach out and address this and any other issue (Sears related) that you might have. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (squiggy from Texas) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Debbydec,

I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you had with Sears repair and with the representatives you spoke with in our call center. I'm sorry to hear that you've already replaced this machine however, we would still like the opportunity to resolve any issues that might still be pending around the problem with you washer. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Debbydec) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

squiggy from Texas

I own kenmore upright washer and dryer.it is only 4 years old.

it quite draining and spining. i looked up in the manual what could be wrong. it stated that f2 meant that my drain line was clogged. called sears out at $130.00 hour which i cancelled becaused i found a local man cheaper, apparently there is a filter that you should clean out.

it collects coins and junk left in pockets. i was never inform about this from the sales person and guess what in the maintence book no mention of so called filter. i will never purchased another item from sears let along spend another $2000 on a washer and dryer.

yes i got it going again but at the costly repair bill of $300.00 had to replace drain pump.BEWARE OF SEARS