Sears - Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer â€“ Poor Service and lack of Ownership!
Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer – Poor Service and lack of Ownership!
We purchased an Oasis HE Kenmore Elite Washer from our local Sear store in 2006. At the time of our purchase we also purchased the extended warranty for both the washer and matching dryer. We had done loads of homework prior to our purchase and were convinced that this was the pair that would meet our needs.
Over the past several years we have had service calls for both the washer and dryer. I unfortunately did not call as often as I should have called for service as I am not a complainer and just try to make things work even if not all parts are doing as needed. The final straw concerning our washer happen on June 21, 2011. The washer did its normal beeping noises and my son said, "Mom your washer is at it again". So I tried to make magic happen once again and force the machine to complete the load of laundry but my efforts did not work. So reluctantly I called Sears service at 1-800-469-4663, to my amazement they were able to offer service on the following day. I was sure that luck was with us on this issue with the washer and we would be back-up and running in no time. My son arranged to be off work so that he could meet the service man sometime between 1:00 and 4:00. The service technician did come to the house around 1:30 and supposedly replaced the defective part (the washer's brain) and assured my son that the washer was as good as new. When he called to report the news I was thrilled and looked forward to getting my laundry caught-up as soon as I got home after 6:00 pm.
I started a load of whites (bleach added of course) and thought all was good until the dreaded beeping sounds started again. I tried my magic yet again but nothing worked. I immediately called Sears service to request that the technician return to correct the issue. After several calls, request to speak with a manager, more calls to Sears's service and messages left for a manager I was still out of luck until Wednesday, June 29th. Please remember that I have good white clothes sitting in bleach in a washer that will not work that was serviced and pronounce good as new. I also want to mention that the Sears Manager has yet to call me back. Not good Customer Service. I was also hung-up on during one of my calls. I never used profanity or even got nasty. I was only insistent that I needed help.
On Thursday, June 23rd I called Sears Service yet again and still got lots of run around from everyone. I spoke with a gentleman named Gerald at 9:03 am in the complaints escalation department. I repeatedly asked to speak with a manager but he said, "A manager cannot do any more than I have done" he refused my request. He finally gave me the address for the corporate office but refused to give me a number. He stated that there was no number to give me. This is funny as I looked one up on the internet while I was on the phone with him. Lied too again!
I then proceeded to call the corporate number and talked with Teresa. Her number is (888) 266-4043 ext. 82. Please call and ask to hear the taped conversation. You will find it very interesting. I was informed that a washer is not an essential appliance and I would have to wait. She did offer however to force a new service time of Monday, June 27th. Still no one is willing to own my problem of poor service and washer that will not work.
My husband and I discussed the issue and finally decided that a new washer was our only option. We purchased a new washer from Lowe's on Thursday, June 23rd. I have washed multiple loads and am now finally caught-up on my laundry.
My next concern is that when my husband and son removed the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer that was pronounced "good as new" only the day before from our home it literally fell apart. I have pictures that I will attach (unable to attach my pictures). Please email me and I will be happy to send them your way. I am appalled at how we have been treated as once loyal Sears Customers. My home is full of all Sears sold appliances and has been for more than 25 years. I am no longer able to give my hard earned dollars to Sears! What a sad day.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Oasis He Kenmore Elite Washer
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Dear Sears customer service, I am writing to let you know that we are long standing customers of Sears, and have spent a lot of money with Sears, On Feb 20th..."
- "Below is a letter and response from Sears / Kenmore in regards to one of their products. Kenmore Refrigerator Elite.Bottom line, never buy Kenmore - they are poorly made products.To..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."