With Company response

My complaint is basically like others.

Continue to get the F51 error code. Recall was issued by Sears years ago (around 2009) and letters supposedly went out to all customers who purchased this machine. We never received one. Our washer was considered covered under recall. However, in August 2009 they lowered the serial numbers and then our washer didn't qualify for the recall.

They are now stating they have "upgraded" for this machine that fix the problem. However, since it's not considered a recall the consumer must pay for these "upgraded" parts.

Sears and Whirlpool should step-up.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To PC271176,

I'm very sorry for the repair issues that you are having with your washer. I can understand why you would be upset with having to pay for parts that are covered on some washers of the same make and model and with similar issues. We would be happy to look into this issue further for you and to provide you with the quality of service that you deserve. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your the following code (PC271176) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.