With Company response

Seems as though there is a common theme with Sears- pass the buck and when all else fails disconnect the phone call.Started by ordering a kitchen set of appliances from Brian.

This part went great- he thouroghly walked us through the purchasing process and helped us choose appliance that best suited our farmhouse renovation. It went down hill from there. Appliances were to be delivered. Delivery guy called from the store- could not find the cooktop.

They brought the rest of the stuff and said the cooktop would be delivered. Great....except they showed up three hours late on Christmas eve so I sat at our empty house waiting for them while I missed our family Christmas party. Should have been mad but I felt more for the delivery guys being forced to deliver on a holiday than me waiting. Then it gets bad...

Store couldn't find the cooktop and the national delivery number said it was delivered. Finally I just went for store manager, tracy. She quickly ordered a new top and scheduled a prompt delivery. Great.

The cooktop came, we later opened the box. Damaged. The knobs had been bent and one rubber the high low print right off. Called the store.

They said call warranty. Called warranty. They said call delivery. Called delivery.

They referred me to a product specialist. He then put me on hold. I was disconnected. I called back.

I was put on hold for thirty minutes. Hung up called back. They transferred me back to delivery. This guy transferred me to an unknow department.

She said they would deliver a new one. Great. I simply asked that it not be delivered and that I wanted to pick it up at the store to a) save time b) not be forced to take time off of work to wait for delivery. She said that couldn't be done.

The next day I called the local store and spoke to the appliance manager because I had little faith in anyone I talked to via the national numbers. He was more than willing to make sure the item was ordered and to call me when it arrived at the store as he had no reservation with me picking it up. So...I'll see what next week brings when it is suppose to arrive.

In conclusion, I feel as though my story echoes many others who trusted Sears, sears customer service does very little servicing, and the people at my local store saved me from insanity.My advice to others: bypass sears, head to your locally owned appliance store, pay a little more, be content that you never have to deal with sears' customer service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous378434:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced with your new appliance deliveries. We certainly understand how frustrating and inconvenient it has been for you to contact our delivery team regarding delivery of your cooktop. This is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We would also like to apologize for your experience while attempting to reach our team by phone. It is unacceptable to be transferred to numerous agents while they attempted to help you with your delivery issue. Further, to be hung up on while waiting to be helped is very upsetting. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn things around. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the cooktop was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous378434) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.