I purchased a SEARS elite down draft dual fuel range on 3/18/2018 for $3,333.32 less a 10% discount of $386.33. The stove was delivered damaged on 3/30/2018.

This stove was to be picked up and replaced with a new stove on 4/7/2018. This stove was also damaged. The delivery folks swapped oven doors which made the original stove OK. Because it was a down draft stove the installation folks had to determine what the additional installation cost was going to be.

These folks were very unprofessional and said they could install it. I was concerned about their ability to handle the job so I contacted an appliance store that sells down draft stoves and they determined that a down draft was not possible due to the duct work and beam placement in my basement. I called SEARS on 4/12 to explain that the stove could not be installed and I just wanted the stove picked up and my account credited. It is 4/18 and I still haven't heard from Sears as to when this stove will be picked up and it is questionable when I will see a credit..

My total for the stove and the service contract is $3,860.45 plus another $139.00 for installation. My recommendation should be choose another appliance store to purchase large appliances.

Sears is good at selling but good luck with any type of support after the item is in your home. And if it has to be returned you need more than luck.

Review about: Range.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments