I purchased a TempurPedic TEMPUR-Simplicity Medium Queen Matress from Sears and was promised a delivery date 9 days later between 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. I received a phone call and e-mail from Sears the night before delivery to confirm this delivery window. In preparation for the delivery, I moved my old mattress outside and re-arranged furniture along the delivery path inside. I also had to schedule a day off from work to be home for the delivery.

At 7:40 a.m. on the day of delivery, I received a call from Sears informing me that the delivery would not occur. Apparently, the vendor never delivered my mattress to Sears, but Sears failed to notify me in advance. I lost a day of work to be home for the delivery and was absolutely FURIOUS. If Sears knew the mattress hadn't been received from the vendor, why did I receive delivery confirmations the night before?

I immediately placed an order with Sleepy's and had the same mattress delivered within 2 days with absolutely no problems. Lesson learned!