I purchased a Honey Can Do rolling laundry hamper --HMP -01387 -- from Sears' website for $50. It was promptly shipped and easy to put together. But the wheels didn't roll and the hamper fell apart while moving under the weight of a full load of laundry. The materials are so cheap -- especially the wheel assemblies – that it was obvious that they are not durable. So even if it worked properly -- which it didn't – I might have returned it. The company should be named Honey Can't Do.

Returning it was as bad as this piece of junk. Honey Can Do told me that since I bought it from Sears, the refund had to come from Sears. Sears had an involved procedure: I had to ship it back via UPS, provide some bureaucratic numbers along with product, then email Sears the tracking number. After I got notice that my return package was received I still wasn't home. It turns out that Sears outsources shipping and receiving and approving refunds to " Edealszone LLC", whatever that is. This company then contacts Sears as to whether a refund is authorized.

The worst part about the return process, however, was that they didn't provide a return label. The return was at my completely expense, and although it was pretty light, it was a long package, and shipping it back cost me $30.

As you'd expect, mass shippers like Sears pay UPS much, much less than an ordinary consumer. The guy at the Mailbox store estimated it would have cost Sears less than $10, maybe much less. What Sears does here obviously discourages returns. If I weren't really angry, it would have worked – the refund wasn't worth the time, cost and aggravation.

To sum it up, not only did Sears sell me a horrible product in which I had invested lots of time to put together, ship back and then go though the refund procedure, but I had to pay 60% of the cost of the product to return it, whereas if Sears had authorized a return label and charged me a handling and shipping fee, it would have been much less.

I would never again do business with Sears (or of course Honey Can Do).

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of honey-can-do laundry hamper from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments