3.2

Update by user Oct 16, 2018

I finally got a refund. After 6 'noreply' emails from the Customer Service folks denying my refund I sent my story to every email address I could find.

This one Sears Holdings Solutions resulted in a reply from a manager promising to look into my case & get back to me. After a week I sent a reply asking for an update. I then received a phone call from another manager who was appalled at how I had been treated and promised to process the refund. In a few days it appeared in on my credit card.

Woohoo, but, I am still waiting on them to deliver another item I purchased that is now on back order. With the bankruptcy announcement, I am concerned.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2018

I saw an article about Sears having great deals so I bought a tool chest for $526 with shipment to the local store. I waited until the expected receiot date & went to the store. They were clueless. So I waited a week, still no tool chest & no info. Order still showed as In Process. I got on their chat line to check on it & the agent was so nice & apologetic but he said the order could not be fulfilled & he need to cancel it. He said I'd get a refund and he helped me find another on which he charged to my card. I figured the refund & charge would offset in a few days. Wrong! They shorted my refund buy $304 saying that because they gave me Shop Your Way points they were deducting that amount.

Their points can only be used at the rate of $25 a month meaning you have to make several more purchases to realize the value. So they were keeping my cash and giving me their stupid points, on an order they couldn't fulfill!

It gets worse. I get noreply emails telling me they won't give me the full refund so I go back to chat and they say they are so sorry, see my perspective, and will escalate it for me. But I need to be patient & give them 3-5 days. At which time I get another no reply email saying the same thing. So far I've gotten 5 of those emails and I do another chat session & save the transcripts.

I have asked for numbers or emails that I can complain to, so far none of those have been any more help. I plan to keep the cycle going, maybe I'll wear them down or get me to someone in authority who will do the right thing.

In the mean time I've disputed the charge with my CC card.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Sears Pros: Great deals.

Sears Cons: Refund policy & run around by customer support.

Comments