Last week I had a Dryer installed that I waited for 2 weeks. I believe was ordered incorrectly online. SImple right?
Get the right product and swap them out. I did the following:
1. Because it is nearby I went to the local sears outlet store, to be told that I should go to the sears store.
2. So, I dutifully went to the store only to be told they cannot resolve any .com problems
3. I placed a call to Sears.com - I gave CSR the model number I wanted, that matched my washer and she explained that a new order needed to be placed, and a refund could not be made until the Delivery Dept could schedule the pickup and deliver the new order she put me on hold, arranged things with that Dept, placed the order for the model I asked for (I thought) and assured me that I would get the receipt once the order was placed. The model requested is DLEX2650W. However the model I refused was DLEX5170W 1 hr
4. I recieved a call at 7 am to let me know the delivery contractors are on their way, they arrive at 8 am. SO far so good right? WRONG DRYER!! The dryer they order is not stackable.
5. they place a call through their system and after they spoke to me, the call was disconnected. It did not go in favor of the CSR.
6. I place a call to CSR named Denise (by now I am convinced these aren't real names anyway) who placed me on hold and then said she could not understand me when I gave her my phone number. Just long enough to make me crazy and allow her a way to get me off the phone. After I insisted I wasn't going anywhere she eventually got me back to Delivery,
7. another women named Sunshine (really?) Who wanted me to give her the exact dimensions of my washer, because she couldn't find the Model number I was giving her in the Sears.com website. Again, really? Since I could see that this was the correct model number to match my washer on the Sears website? Her solution? Transfer me to a Parts Specialist who oddly never picked up the phone!!! 2.5 hrs.
8. I tried again, through Delivery Dept. This CSR was much more skilled in handling the issue and set up yet another process by which the next dept would call me. So what did we accomplish? Not sure! And I am supposed to be on the hook for a 3'd dryer? Are you kidding?
That's a total so far of 5 hours for me. How much does this much incompetence cost you?
We aren't done here, since again I've paid for 2 dryers and still don't have the right one.
Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Website.