I ordered 3 duck covers from on line Sear, middle of March. Received several days latter, shipping envelopes were in good shap, so I didn't open.

When it began to warm up somewhat in NH we plus our deck furniture on our deck. I opened the purchased Sears patio furniture covers. I began to cover first chair with "duck cover" brand furniture covers. It ripped almost immediately.

I removed cover looked over closely to my amazement it was inferior quality. I called Sears to report my disbelief with their venders product. I asked for prepaid postage to return items for a full refund. They told me I had to call Duck Cover myself to get prepaid postage.

I called the company and spoke to a customer relation employee. I asked where she was stationed? She said Seattle WA, I then said I thought you were located in CA? She explained that they recently bought the duck company.

I explained my situation. She said Sears is incorrect "they initiate the return of items, if they do not know the police maybe you can get them on a 3 way phone call." "I will be happy to explain the return policy." I spent well over two hours and spoke to several Sears customer service personnel. With total disregard to my situation, 30 day policy period. Finally after 2 hours of back and forth I spoke with a Sears customer service person that said my refund would be issued in 72 hours.

She said I would receive an email to comfort. Oh yes, I did receive an email shortly after however it was a non-reply customer satisfaction survey. Which I answered with reservations and yet relief, I just wanted my refund for what my wife and I deemed inferior quality deck furniture covers, (Essential patio covers, Duck Cover brand). Yesterday I received an email stating I was not eligible for a refund, 30 day return policy.

Today my wife has spent another 11/2 hours on the phone with total run around, lies. Question to one of the customer solutions employees , Jon. Does Sears stand by their venders products?, yes! So if I deem a product inferior and defective does Sears stand by this product issues?,yes!

"Our 30 day policy does not allow us to issue refunds"! My suggestion to all who purchase products on-line mainly Sears beware they have little to non customer service. In plan words their customer service is a shame and nothing more than a shell game.

With regret with 100% certainty I can assure you Sears has a dead end road they are quickly approaching. They name will be no more than a time in the past.

Review about: Duck Covers Chair Cover.

Reason of review: Inferior product , Duck Covers.

I liked: Absolutely dissatisfied.

I didn't like: Customer service all levels.

Comments