1.8K views

Sears is just like the federal government. They can never do anything right and will never admit to doing anything wrong. Here is part of the email they sent me when I complained about not being able to cancel or track an order.

Thank you for contacting Sears.com regarding your order# ...

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to track your order ...

...

Ralph, per your order details, I see that your order which has been shipped via UPS on 09/29/2011, is expected to be delivered on 10/11/2011. However, you will not be able to track the order at the moment, since it takes upto 6 business days for the UPS to update the tracking from the shipped date. The standard delivery time frame for your order is 5-9 business days from the shipped date.

...

Total BS and THEFT by SEARS. It was marked as DELIVERED before it was shipped. If you have ever ordered online you know that the package goes into the tracking system as soon as it is picked up and the information is available the next day if not sooner.

Also I placed many calls to sears after receiving their confirmation email that said that the package was shipped and received at the same time. Even the store manager was unable to help though she said she would refund my money as soon as I took the item back though that cannot be done until I receive it.

I truely hate sears and will never do business there again.

Comments

Portugal Cove, Newfoundland And Labrador, Canada #1256638

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM I PLACED AN ORDER PAID BY CREDIT CARD I WENT TO THE SEARS STORE TO PICK IT UP TO BE TOLD IT WAS NOT THERE ,THAT ITS GOT TO BE SENT BY UPS AND THEN THEY WILL EMAIL ME TO GO GET IT I SPOKE TO THE STORE MANAGER NO HELP THEY CANT FIND IT I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GET PUT ON HOLD FOR OVER 60 MINUTES NO ONE COMES TO PHONE

I AM GOING CONSIDER THIS CREDIT CARD THEFT AND GO TO MY BANK GET THE CHARGES REVERSED

SEARS IS A VERY BAD PLACE TO SHOP!!

University Place, Washington, United States #1225568

Same thing happened to me when ordering online.

Sears said the package was delivered to the store and picked up.

I never picked up the package.

I cannot believe how they are ripping off people.

It was a small item, but I, too, will never do business with

Sears again.

I shop Sears online once a week and never have a problem.

Center Hill, Florida, United States #1086524

I placed order for 10 items on 11/28/15.rcvd email that all but 2 were cancelled?why no reason in email.I was charged for all.

Rconstant contact feel I was lied to over and over again..now my order history shows 6 more items have been delivered.Liars I would like to see the records

Same problem here.I just called them because I never received a tracking number on a purchase and when I log in it says delivered.

The expected delivery date is not until today and it's too early for it to have been delivered today. They are so unhelpful when you do manage to reach someone. They don't make any sense and talk about how you're going to get an email with tracking information and never address my concern about how it says delivered already on their website.

They just say I'm sorry that you see that somewhere and just keep talking about how I'm suppose to still get a tracking number emailed, and as we all know, it's going to happen.They wonder why their sales are dwindling.

yes, as of Sep 2015, Sears.com online is still a joke. Its ShopYourWay and Max program is a big joke. Confusing at best.

We had a different experience.We ordered a television online last night, and realized 30 seconds after the order that the item would ship to our home address and not to our daughter's address out of state where we wanted it to go.

We called sears customer support 5 minutes after the order was completed. They told us they could not change the ship to address. In addition, they could not cancel the order. In other words the order was set in stone.

Wow, that really stinks. How is that possible? What is the purpose of customer service? Apparently sears customer service employees are taught only 2 words, "I apologize".

I will NEVER purchase from sears online, and will avoid buying anything from sears. Do you know what sears does well? It makes good tools. That's it.

Unfortunately, everything they sell is made in China. So we are basically disputing the charge.

Sears stinks.:(

thomaspaine2011

Now for the rest of the story...

It is a long saga with a happy ending. While getting my refund from the local sears store, I noticed that the tv I had been intending to purchase had dropped in price and still included the acessory kit. I still wanted that tv Sony BRAVIA® 55" EX720. Since my problem was with Sears online, ( I told the Posterior Appature at Sears that they had sent the wrong traling number and he blew me off. When it came in it was a different tracking number as I expected.)

Ayway, they offered me free delivery and I could have it the next day so I decided to go ahead and buy it then and there instead of dealing with another "Mail order".

I got it the next day and it is a great tv. The picture is superb and I love its features.

If it lasts as long as my last flat screen I will be most satisfied.

Also someone at the home office got involved and sent me a $25.00 gift certificate which I used to help buy the Sony 3D Blu-Ray player.

thomaspaine2011

nikalseyn made an assumption and you all know what that means. I paid cash in the sears store for the online order.

PS If you write a lot as I did, before you submit your comments you will want to copy them to the clipboard or you will loose all that you typed if there is a problem with the security code. Just another thing Sears could fix.

nikalseyn

That's why you have a process called "dispute a charge" when you use a credit card.You do use a credit card for all online purchases, don't you??

I have hear of some people using a debit card or allowing the merchant to deduct it from their bank account, but no one could be that ***.In any event, dispute the charge if you don't get a refund from Sears posthaste.