1.5

My wife and I purchased a Kenmore washer & gas dryer from Sears White Marsh in Maryland. The washer was delivered and setup but, never really installed by a couple of non-English speaking individuals (probably from A&E Services).

They hooked it up but never leveled it or tested it. My wife ended doing all that. The gas dryer was another horror. The first was delivered but, when taken out of the box it found to be severely damaged and the installers, this time a good English speaking crew, told my wife to refuse delivery and they contacted Sears to have a new one delivered.

The second dryer arrives this time with another non-English crew. They begin to un-install the old dryer without turning off the gas first. They unpack the new dryer and again it has a small dent in the side. Since it was not as major as the first one my wife decides to go ahead with the install.

This is where it gets ugly. In bringing the unit into the house they smash the back of dryer, completely damaging the exhaust unit and putting a big hole in our basement floor. Their response was, and I quote, "...we fix, we fix!!". At this time my wife decides we don't want a "fixed" unit when we paid for a new one.

She refuses delivery again and calls Sears delivery and demands a refund of our money for the dryer and the 3 year extended warranty. At this point the now angry delivery guys basically toss the "new" unit back out the door, reconnect the old dryer mumble sound expletives in Spanish or whatever and leave.

I doubt if we'll ever buy another household appliance from Sears again. Their delivery, installation and customer service sucks!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of junk appliances delivered. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of kenmore washer and dryer and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1018. Sears needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kenmore washer and dryer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments