With Company response

Sears outsourced the installation of our new Kenmore Elite 5.0 cu lt washing machine to a third party to deliver and install.Upon installation, I noticed they skipped a key step to ensure the elbow bracket was installed which would prevent flooding (or so the large yellow installation poster insisted).

I demanded they re-installed and after 10 phone calls and threat of return, Sears sent out the same transportation company to re-install the machine. Following the reinstall, we did a load of laundry and left for vacation to come home to a flooded basement, ruined upstairs laundry room and dining room. It was never properly installed. WE have upwards of $30K in water damage and a week later, I have not yet received a call from Sears to apologize for the damage, for hiring untrained installers or for the inconvenience of it all.

SearsCares - I think it should be restated as Sears Scares.It's day 9 and we still haven't received an apology.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry that your new washer flooded your home after the unit was installed. We understand how disappointing and discouraging this situation has to be for you. We’d like the opportunity to look into this matter more, and ensure that everything is being done on your behalf to get this issue corrected in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous440980), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.