With Company response

On 12/02 (Cyber Monday), I shopped on SEARS.COM to order a refrigerator (item#: 04670312000) with a price of $1,499.99 and a Range (item#: 02246892000) with a price of $1,223.99. I saved the cart to review with my wife that evening before I purchased. When I went to purchase, the price of the refrigerator increased to $2,399.99 (what a shock).

I even searched SEARS.COM for the refrigerator again and the price came up at $1,499.99, but when I added it to my cart, the price jumped up to $2,399.99. No matter what I did, I could not get the lower price.

I called SEARS the next day to ask what I was doing wrong and they could not give me a good answer. The current price of the refrigerator was now at $1,729.99. I asked if SEARS would honor the $1,499.99 price and they would not. The did offer a 5% refund, which I accepted.

Now, when I placed the order, I got a big shock when my email confirmation came through. The prices did not match what was in my cart when I made the purchase. Good thing I checked closely. The refrigerator increased from $1,727.99 to 1,893.59 and the range increased from $1,223.99 to 1,277.54. This is a total cost increase of $219.15.

I called SEARS and spoke with Marvin and he said that my order shows different costs and the order confirmation that I received was wrong and that I would get a new one. To date, I have not received an updated detailed order confirmation for what I purchased. Marvin did agreed to refund $90.42, but this is no ware near the $219.15 that I was over charged.

I feel ripped off and SEARS is not doing anything...

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry to hear that your most recent online experience was such an unpleasant one, and apologize for the confusion surrounding the pricing of your appliance purchases. We can understand why you would be more than a little concerned at this point, and we definitely want to see how we can earn your trust back. We would like the opportunity to discuss this situation in more detail, and the chance to ensure that issue is corrected to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous461683), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.