1.6

I purchased a Kenmore 25 cu ft french door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model 7160 for $1,503 two years ago. Two days before Christmas it stopped working.

Called Sears service and the repair man said the com[pressor died and it would be $900 to fix but I would be better off buying a new refrigerator. $150 worth of food had to be thrown out. I want to know if Sears will stand behind their product and reimburse me for the $1,653 that I have lost in the two years since I bought the refrigerator?

Please reply with Sears' position on this matter. Thank you, Tim Collins

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality products, Poor customer service.

Comments

SearsCares

Hello there,

We do not like to see our members dissatisfied with our products or services. We understand how your situation is frustrating.

To discuss further, please reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can best assist you going forward:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL   Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have!     Thank you, SearsCares

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #926806

Well maybe next time you should get that service plan the salesman told you about. Maybe it isn't a waste of money. I would buy one next time.

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States #923259

Why the *** would they reimburse you? You want to hold them liable for nothing more than selling you a product that failed after the manufacturers warranty.

And also pay for your food loss on top of that? Yeah that's fair. Oh let's not forget your two years of use and factor in it's current value.

Sure why not.

On your next purchase please ask whomever you purchase from to agree to your intentions - Lease you a refrigerator with no payments, reimburse you for any loss, and get back a worthless unit at the end.