2.3

On March 10,2015, at the Sears store at Bellevue Center in Nashville, Tennessee, my mother and I purchased exercise apparel that she could use during her stroke rehab with my Sears credit card issued by Citi.We used the card to maximize discounts and Sears Rewards points, and paid off the balance of $29.19 with cash immediately at the same register with the same clerk.

We received a credit card statement on April 19 saying we owed $29.19 for the merchandise for which we had already paid. I immediately called the credit card customer service number and a dispute was filed that was summarily rejected because after over a month when we thought the transaction was settled, my mother had discarded the receipt, if the clerk had ever generated one (as the clerk had placed a bunch of Rewards discount offers in the bag and folded it closed and my trusting Mom and I did not immediately pull them out with other customers waiting to check out behind us to scrutinize the paperwork she had enclosed in the bag). I attempted to contact Sears several times by phone only to be shunted to a call center that I assume is in Manila, where the representatives I spoke to were not fluent in English and not actually empowered to render any assistance to me.

I now have no option but to pay for a second time for merchandise that I had already paid for in full.If Sears or Citi does not reimburse me for the double payment Citi is extracting, I will no longer shop at Sears or conduct any business with Citi.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of workout clothing and associated monetary loss in the amount of $29. Sears needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned workout clothing in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments