Update by user May 18, 2013

Well I finally got all of my money back. Being as I really didnt want to write Sears off I went to a Sears Appliance Center. I ordered my dishwasher in person on a Wednesday. Friday morning it was delivered, and by early evening it was professionally installed.

The installation gentlemen was a contractor and one of the nicest guys I have met. Best customer service experience in a long time.

I have learned that when dealing with Sears I will only choose a retail location and not Sears.com.

Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2013

Imran Jooma,

I am writing to express my displeasure and utter disgust with my experience with Sears to purchase a new dishwasher, have it installed and the old one removed.

To date I have paid for the same dishwasher twice as well as installation twice. After 17 days and two days being home waiting on Sears, I still do not have a dishwasher I purchased, twice.

I have a total of 6 hours on the phone with customer service with still no appreciable forward momentum to get a status or even a refund.

The first order was ordered on the 1st of April 2013 online via the sears.com store. I purchased it along with a installation kit, installation and removal. The system told me I had it scheduled for delivery and installation on the 13th. That did not happen. I spent all day at home and called Sears 4 times and no one could tell me when I was to have the installation. It wasn't until 7PM that the installation people told me they wouldn't be out that day. The Dishwasher wasn't at the warehouse. Total of 1 hour and 5 minutes on the phone.

April 15th comes (Monday) and I call back in and I am told the dishwasher is in the warehouse but the orders have now been cancelled because the original date was missed. I was also told the dishwasher was cancelled as well.

This conversation took place with the installation sales team not the customer service teams. He told me the best solution was to reorder it and have it delivered today 17 April 2013 and that the installation technician would call me the night before. I agreed, this conversation took 1 Hour and 40 Minutes on the phone.

4/16/2013 - The installer called and told me he would be out between 12-4 to install the dishwasher. I expressed I didn't have it and that it was supposed to be delivered at the time of installation. He told me no problem. I made arrangements to be at home for the installation.

4/17/2013 - The Installer called me and told me the dishwasher was not in stock and I had to call the retail store where I bought it.

This started my marathon call to Sears Customer service this morning. Since I purchased it online and through the Installation department I started with the Customer Service number. I spoke with 14 different people and two "managers" to get my issue resolved. No one at Sears seems to be able to find my second order and they kept telling me it was between the Installation and Sears.com folks. Needless to say at this point I don't have a dishwasher, the $1800 I have given Sears for the dishwasher and no idea when I am going to see my monies again.

As a manager with millions of customers I support every day in the Southeast; customer service is my most important priority. Anyone who cannot handle our customers owns the problem until it is resolved; a single touch point, period. My 14 touch points with Sears still has not resolved my issue and consumed hours from my day away from MY customers.

Please feel free to contact me regarding this issue. I am at a loss how to resolve this or get my money refunded and no one at Sears seems to be willing to own my problem.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments