As a former associate of Sears Optical, I can tell you that working for Luxottica

(that owns Sears Optical) is not a company that I would recommend any decent, moral,

optician that values their optical skills would want to work for. If you are over 50

and make too much money, they will let you go without notice. They hire Regional

Managers that have no people skills, Bible thump on their right hand and stab you

in the gut with their left. I was a part of Sears Optical team for almost 28 years, and

had a very good reputation in my city. But the Regional Luxottica decided to bring in

is a aggressive, no self-confidence in her self person, and the only way to make her

self look important is to fire her most experienced opticians. I hope that Luxottica

crashes and burns.

Comments

Stamford, Connecticut, United States #668844

Worst place of employment ever....at least the downstairs Danbury CT store is.ERICA, the wanna-be manager is a control freak who screws around with hours, lies and is as dishonest as a person could be.

She discriminates and sabotages any employee who doesn't jump when she demands that they do so.

She plays with the books, covers for her buddies and changes hours without notice.It is now my mission to make sure she is fired.

This is the worst company to work for they care nothing for their employee's and they use hours grid based on goals to give their employee's hours..Most employee's hired for full time now only get 25 or less hours a week.. and and our in the process of losing their benefits...oh and if you go over the hours you can be fired...They are horrilbe and greedy.They care nothing about the customer its just about a sale when it should be about health care and and making customers see correctly with a professional staff and service..

Agree.I have worn glasses for a long time.

I made the mistake of buying frames at LensCrafters which broke. I then had to deal with various LensCrafters staff and I was shocked at the level of incompetence and lack of professionalism of the managers there. They was all about 20 years old, had no customer service skills, nor any real knowledge about the eyeglass business. They made statements which I knew were untrue.

The whole place is a scam for uninformed customers.

Stay away from anything having to do with the Luxottica group.They are reducing the standard of quality of visionware.