With Company response Not resolved

Found a great deal on a 51" plasma model #PN51E530A3. Placed the order online, received confirmation that order was received and to await email to come pick it up.

I then called the Sears at Arbor Mall in Douglasville, GA to confirm they had the tv. Not only did they have the tv, the lady I spoke to said they had just received notification of my order through their system. All good, right? No, wrong.

The next morning I get a phone call from Sears saying they need to verify my personal security information prior to completing the order. Shortly after I satisfactorily answered the Sears employee's security questions, I receive an email that the order has been cancelled because it is not in stock! The tactic is known as bait and switch and while Sears may not be its inventor, they sure as heck have mastered it. This is a pitiful example of customer service and a sure 'nuff ticket for Sears straight to Chapter 11 Land.

If anyone cares, my order # is/was 54400*#$%.

Almost forgot, the Sears store is 3.5 hours from my home. Granted my uncle lives there so we were able to visit with him, but to be lied to after going to such great lengths to get this "great deal" sure has left a bitter taste.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Boofat,

We truly apologize for the disappointing experience you have encountered with your online order. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and help any way we can to address any concerns you may have. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (boofat), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R