I was scheduled for a repair of my air conditioner between 1p and 5p on August 24th.I waited for the repairman and when he did not arrive by 4:45, I contacted sears.

The person I spoke to stated the truck broke down and they would be unable to come back to my home until September 11th. I was not notified that truck broke down until I had called them. I spoke with someone at the corporate office, who basically made excuses and I remained unable to make a closer appointment. I was already upset with sears as I had a problem with them previously I will describe below.

I only called sears to repair my air conditioner because it is a Kenmore.

Approx 1 month previously I had problems with my washing machine. I contacted a local appliance repairman who stated based on my description of problem it would cost more to repair than to buy a new one. I picked out a washing machine at sears and scheduled delivery.

The night before the delivery, my fiance' who has experience working on washing machines looked at it, and we thought problem was due to metal piece in motor. I contacted sears and left a message on touchtone that I did not need washer. Literally 15 minutes later my fiance found another problem and stated needed replaced. I called sears back and they stated they could not deliver because their computer system rescheduled the drivers route and it could be changed.

They could not reschedule delivery for two weeks. (Long time without a washing machine). I spoke with many people and was yelled at and hung up on. I cannot say how many people I spoke with that were rude to me.

Two people stated they would call me back and never did. I asked to speak with corporate and was transferred to Traverse City store. (Could not have been an accident as local is the opposite of Corporate).

In the end I bought a washer from best buy with easy delivery and I spoke with people instead of a machine.I will need to buy a lawn mower and probably an air conditioner this fall and will not buy from Sears again.

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #188262

We were told what time repair man would be by to fix our brand new fridge, that they would call that morning and if we didn't answer they wouldn't come.They did not call nor did they come.

We have several working phones, call waiting and voicemail. They did not come. Calling only got a msg saying we were scheduled for that day and the time window. When they didn't show we called again.

They made another apt and cancled that the day of. Then made another one. Were due between 12-4. 5:15 They call and say the guy is runing late but can come by 5:30 we can't make that and will call back as we are literally walking out the door.

Told we can't get another apt till 3 days later! We should be on top of list at this point.

We asked for refund and they are supposed to come take fridge away today.We are sick of Sears!