With Company response

I wanted a specific brand of garbage disposal installed and it was available on the website. I went in to the store to be sure that I could combine the two.

I was told that I could, but the assist would need help. Another assistant was helping another couple either a dehumidifier. He explained to them that the piece of sears equipment that they were replacing was not as well made now. They should expect the new piece to last less than 1 years and the guarantee would last 1 year.

They should buy an additional warranty. I should have left at at time, but stayed hopeful.

They completed my sale by adding a $45 service charge for a builders permit which I didn't need. When in came time for installation, the local hire did not show up. I spoke with a store manager who told me the number was busy, so I should keep trying to contact the installer myself.

When I did reach him, he informed me that no builders permit was required and he had asked Sears to correct the bill and they refused.

When the installer came, he was unfamiliar with the brand, and left me with the product, no installation or explanation! I went back to the store and the best the manager could offer was to try to return the equipment and hope the supplier would refund the money which Sears is still holding.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous431558, my name is Liz and I’m part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. It sounds as if we have let you down on just about every level of customer service and would like to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for the disappointing experience you have encountered with installation of your garbage disposal. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous431558), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Liz R.