Verified Reviewer

This statement is primarily a complaint with Sears home warranty, however I have a few complaints with RNS appliance I will be sharing.

Nov 12, 2020:

Our refrigerator goes out and I immediately call Sears to complain. The sears associate offers me an appointment time between 08:00 and 12:00 or from 12:00 to 5:00.

I select the time slot between 08:00 and 12:00 for Nov 17, 2020

Nov 1 7, 2020.

I get a call from RNS stating they cannot make the 8:00 to 12:00 appointment and I will have to take the 12:00 to 5:00. At 6:45 pm RNS appliance shows up and to diagnose I need a new compressor. When I complained that Sears gave me the 08:00 to 12:00, RNS states Sears doesnt schedule the call, they do. ( but why doesnt Sears know this?)

Nov 17, 2020

Prior to RNS appliance showing up and Because RNS was running late I called Sears to complain.

Sears gave me a complaint number which proved to be out of service.

Nov 23rd 2020.

Both my wife and I frustrated we both attempt to call Sears on separate phones. Here are the results.

At 1:30 I call Sears home services and get a female that identified herself as Vivian. She proved to be no help so she transfers me to Vic at 1:40 pm. Vic is unable to help so he transfers me to what he calls the warranty provider close to 1:45.

At approximately 2:30 pm still on hold, I can no longer remain on hold and hang up because I have to get ready for work.

At about 2:00pm my wife speaks to Anjo at the Sears home services line and after explaining the problem to Anjo he transfers her to what he calls The Sears protection Benefits admin line and he gives her the number Just in case. After remaining on hold for an hour she hangs up and attempts to call the number Anjo provider her with. That number proved to be not in service.

Nov 24th 2020.

By this time we have received two parts for this repair and still waiting on the compressor. We speak to the technician and we now find out the compressor is on back order until Dec 24th.

On this date my wife spoke to RNS appliance and they stated they put us in for a new fridge.

Dec 2 2020,

Having heard from no one we called Sears and after waiting on hold approximately 2 hours 20 minutes we finally speak to a Veronica who advised us that what the tech told us was true, he did put in a claim for us to receive a new fridge, however a new fridge was denied because parts are on order.

Apparently Veronica and sears feels you should have no problem going a month and a half with no working fridge. They also advised us to make a claim for food spoilage which contradicted RNS appliance statement that we would have to wait for the repair before filing a claim.

-I called RNS appliance previously in November and asked what other options there were for parts and service and April of RNS, stated there was a possibility that their sub contractor could help out but could make no promises. I asked her to try and let us know either way and I never got a call back from RNS.

- I had asked RNS what means do they use to communicate to Sears concerning repair work they do and April led me to believe they have to call the same number the general public uses and wait on hold for hours like everyone else. I find that hard and difficult to believe.

-On Dec 2, 2020 I pressed her again for their specific contact information for sears and she now tells me they communicate via e mail.

But when I asked for that e mail she completely avoids and back tracks and avoids answering that question.

-She now changes her story to we communicate via work order.

-RNS led us to believe that there was only one technician that provides warranty work for sears in my area, which he serves multiple cities and counties. I find that hard to believe. Which means they only come to your area on certain days. If you miss that day they make it clear you are SOL.

- If you google sears home warranty for southern California I come up with Bakersfield, Banning, Blyth, Burbank, Apple Valley, Anaheim, city of industry just to name a few.

When I asked April of RNS which specific facility she they deal with she avoids the question, and wont answer. I find it difficult to believe she doesnt know, or cannot find out.

But she completely avoids the question.

-Sears- made no attempt to communicate concerning this warranty repair or status nor they make no attempt to notify us the claim for a new fridge was denied. You only find out after being on hold for close to two and a half hours which is horrible customer service

Sears Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments