I bought a Samsung dryer and the motor failed with less than three years of use.I am a 75 year old woman with 1-2 loads of laundry per week.

It is unreasonable that this product is defective with so little use.. After five phone calls to A&E factory Service which is the same company as Sears Service a service call was finally made. The report was that the motor replacement would be $488 which is MORE than the cost of a new dryer.

Meanwhile he charged $99 for a service call to essentially tell me that he didn’t carry the motor on his truck and it would have to be ordered.

Samsung was unable to make any adjustment for their defective appliance.

Sears would like to sell me a whole house service policy for around $800 per year.With service like this, I will not be spending ten cents more with Sears.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Good move I definitely would not recommend the house warranty. Rochester NY

to Anonymous #1445082

After spending the morning making several recorded complaints, I called the local Sears store manager.He was not in his office.When he had not returned my phone call in two hours, I went to the store to confront him directly.

He could do nothing, of course.I spent thousands of dollars at his store in the past five years, and I told him he was loosing a customer and the reason why.Next I went to Best Buy to purchase my new dryer.

I’ve had excellent results with theirservice policyThere’s a reason why Sears is failing.The service man who came apologized for their dispatch mix ups.I told him this was my last dealing with Sears.His response was that he hears that often.Maybe he needs a job with Best Buy