Verified Reviewer

I can not believe the incident that happened to the customer on 8/28/2015 is exactly what has happened to me on 7/7/21 and again in 7/16/21. Identical situation which is unacceptable.

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator that is leaking in the top shelf from inside the refrigerator. I have had two independent technicians hired by Sears come out and each time address the same issue. The 3rd tome, I told the warranty dept to please send out a Sears technician. On 7/7/21, the Sears technicians comes out.

Before he would check my refrigerator he asked me to sign acknowledging any scratches identified. I had no problem with the request. Then he asked me to sign a second page. I asked for what.

He said in the event he moved the refrigerator and damaged my floor, Sears wound not be liable. I said I am not signing that. He said if I did not sign Sears could complete the service. Keep in mind, he could now show me anywhere on the page where it was written in writing that I was waiving my rights.

He then said it is not on paper but they are told to state that verbally. I told him I was not signing the second page. So the technician left. I then called the warranty department explained my position.

The warranty rep apologized and stated he would escalate the issue and I wound be contacted. Two days later I received an email/recoded call asking me to call at my convenience to reschedule my appointment so, I assumed the problem had been addressed. I called to reschedule. Today 7/16/21 the same technician came out an hour passed the blocked time allotted betweenn10-2:00 stood on my grass and said are you going to sign waiver I said no then he got in his truck and left.

I then called warranty dept back sat on hold for 44minutes finally lady comes on call reviews my file and said you must sign waiver before work can be completed. So that means the conversation I had on 7/7/21 with warranty dept as explained above was ignored and when I got the email/call the following week saying please call at your earliest convenience to reschedule your appointment had nothing to do with the conversation I had on 7/7/21 with the warranty dept.

I am still left with a leaking refrigerator and no resolution unless I agree to be black mailed to sign my rights away. I will be investigating my rights as a consumer and how to get my refund bright.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from Sears and don’t trust warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Refrigerator.

Preferred solution: Fix my refrigerator or replace with a new one I am not signing my rights away .

Sears Pros: Sears used to carry good quality appliances, Back when they knew how to take care of their customers.

Sears Cons: Customer service and attitude, Lack of service, No ownership to solve problem.

Comments