Sears return policy is NOT customer friendly at all. I tried to return an item and I was informed that they now have a return policy that says your purchase can only be returned or exchanged within 30 days--ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.

I pointed out that there is NO STATEMENT OF THIS NEW POLICY ON THE RECEIPT AND THE POLICY IS NOT POSTED IN A NOTICEABLE SIGN IN THE STORE. The cashier directed me to a small laminated typed piece of paper at the checkout stand (NOT OBVIOUSLY VISIBLE) with their new policy on it. Because I have been a loyal customer of Sears for 50 years I tried to call customer services and spent over an hour trying to talk to someone in the US. I placed 4 calls to our local store and each call to customer services was dropped.

Finally I talked with a customer rep. online who indicated that this has been a problem, but Sears will NOT work with customers any further to resolve it.

I AM SAD TO SEE THIS LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will not be returning to Sears.

Reason of review: Return policy and communication to customers of that policy..

Preferred solution: Print your new policy on a customers receipt; boldly post the policy in big signs at the checkout counters; offer exchanges to customers who were not properly informed..

I didn't like: Return policy and sears disclosure of that policy.

Comments