With Company response Not resolved

Parents purchased Samsung refrigerator from Sears. The ice maker malfunctioned, sending water streaming from unit & flooding the kitchen. We turned off water & called Sears Home Repair. A technician came out Monday, replaced the ice maker, charged $376 for parts & labor and left. The ice maker did not make any ice by Tuesday, so we called back to Sears Home Repair. They said they could not come out until Friday. I spoke with 3 different representatives and a supervisor. None of them seemed concerned or interested in getting a sooner repair. I called another number (after an hour getting transferred) and got a rep who was able to schedule an appointment that afternoon. The different technician tested the original ice maker & determined it was not broken. He diagnosed the problem as a faulty circuit board and water valve. He ordered the parts, but had to spend almost 20 minutes on "hold" with his own parts department to order the proper parts.

I sent an email to Sears Customer Service detailing my dissatisfaction with the service. This is the reply I got:

"Thank you for contacting Sears. We are always interested in hearing

from our Sears customers. We apologize for the inconvenience you have

experienced with customer service and any lack in satisfaction with your

service appointment for your refrigerator repair.

We appreciate your feedback. By sharing your ideas, you have enabled us

to address the issues and provide feedback to the appropriate person.

Truly, your remarks provide valuable feedback that will enable Sears

Holdings to improve the customer experience.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We value you as a Sears

Holdings customer and hope you will continue to make Sears your choice

for quality and value.

We again apologize for any inconvenience with your service experience.

We thank you for choosing Sears and appreciate the opportunity to assist

you. We look forward to seeing you in our Sears store soon."

What an insult. They did nothing to address my complaint or the specific situation I brought to their attention. I will not be shopping at any Sears store!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Kevinfriedman,

Hello, my name is Liz and I am with the Sears Cares escalations team. We are terribly sorry for the troubles you have been experiencing surrounding the repair of your icemaker. Please be assured that this certainly is not the level of service we strive to provide our customers. From your post we can see that we certainly have let you down. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure the issues with the repair are addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (kevinfriedman), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.