Attention Customer Complaint Dept. RE: Refrigerator -

Here is the complaint!

We were on the market for a refrigerator for about 3 months.

And - after visiting 5 stores looking for help (and not getting the kind of help we wanted ) we went back to Sears for one more chance to see if we could get what we wanted.

I wanted to go to Best Buy but my husband has been a fan of Sears for years, so I agreed and said - Okay lets give it one more try (this was our third visit to Sears looking for help)

We FINALLY met a smart and extremely knowledgeable Sales Professional at Sears

[ Location: Alpharetta Sears Store - 01695 # ] He was thorough and verified that the refrigerator we selected was available.

We set a date and were soooooooo excited.

The day before the delivery we got a call and an email confirming the delivery window

. YAH!

I took the day off (losing $350 because I could not work that day - because I had to be home to clean and prepare for the delivery)

When 5:30pm came around And there was no Delivery or Call about why they were running late etc ----, I thought it would be a good idea to call Sears Home Delivery Service. and find out what was going on.

BUT THE PHONE NUMBER WAS NOT ON THE EMAIL

GO FIGURE!!!

So, I found the phone number on GOOGLE and called Sears Home Delivery Service and explained the situation to a gal in customer service who I could not understand.

So, I asked for her supervisor.

And After being placed on hold for 3 solid minutes --- the supervisor finally got the on the phone, and as it tuned out, I could barely understand her, either!!

But what I did manage to hear was this..

She said, "Oh sorry for the inconvenience but the refrigerator is not available and you will have to order another one"

WHAT ?????????? I said.

No one called us about this!!

As far as we knew according to the phone message and email we got the refrigerator was to be delivered today.

She said (at least five times) " OH, I AM SO SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

I said, thank you and yes this is in inconvenience for sure - But What I want to hear the answer to my question.

--- why were we not alerted???? that the refrigerator we ordered was not available. And why did I HAVE to call YOU to find this out?

Okay - you get the pattern.

Once again like a faceless tape recording she said, Oh, I am so sorry for the inconvenience.

(then here is the worst part!!!!) She says ---- Sorry but The calls and emails are automated and that is why you are not finding out

until now that your refrigerator is not in the warehouse.

(WHAT - REALLY???? - And she is the Supervisor????? Seriously??? )

This is just another example of poor customer care!!!

I said, That is not what I want to to hear!

What I want to hear is that you will do research and whatever it takes to find the refrigerator we ordered and see to if it is backordered or if it is in another warehouse and make this right.

OF COURSE - She mumbled something - that sounded like, Oh, I am so sorry for the inconvenience....

And then she asked, Can I have someone call you within 24 hours to help you order a different refrigerator? of course I said YES, fully thinking to myself --that will never happen!!

With that I decided that this was the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD

Don't ask me for her name because I could barely understand her.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

I am sorry the experience you had with the delivery service for Sears.I believe it may have been our company, XPO Last Mile, but I first need to get some more information from you.

If possible, could you please e-mail me your last name and the date of your delivery?

This way I can get you in touch with one of our managers.Feel free to e-mail me at Jackie.workmon@xpolastmile.com

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,