With Company response

I purchased a IR air compressor with a sears service contract. Went to repair center about purchasing synthetic compressor oil but that they did not use synthetic oil and did not have it for me to purchase.

According to IR, synthetic oil will need to be replaced yearly. I know non synthetic oil has to be changed more often. How can this be cost effective to me and to Sears.

I have to go for repair shop more often and you have to spend more service hours to keep compressor in top notch condition. Difference in cost of oil is about 9 dollars more for synthetic.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #769490

I don't understand HOW they can get away with selling warranties and then not honoring them. Seems illegal to me......

I have had people call me and try to get me to renew my existing contracts.

I got wise to that and when I declined to renew they were rude and offensive. They want the money but don't want to honor it once they get their money.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous451773,

Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding the oil in your air compressor to our attention. It concerns us that, after spending money to purchase the compressor and service contract from us, you are not happy with the oil that we have available, either for sale in our stores, or through our repair centers. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to discuss this matter with you in greater detail. One of our case managers can contact you to see what options are available to you at this time. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Anonymous451773), and phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.