We purchased a dishwasher from Sears 1.5 years ago so it isn't that old. Already the pump has broken and has to be replaced.

Fortunately we bought the extended warranty on it. I phoned a week ago to set up a repair. It was set for yesterday between 10-2. We waited around all day for them.

Well they never showed up, not a single phone call to inform us they weren't coming, and now we have to wait another week for the next appointment. I phoned numerous times yesterday and was told each time that someone was coming.

As for contacting customer service, they could care less. I would not recommend buying any appliances from Sears based on this experience alone.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 29, 2010.

Comments

kuiperssm
#195809

Update

Despite customer service telling me that I wouldn't be able to speak with corporate customer relations (Blue Ribbon) on the phone, I did speak with them. The person was pleasant and arranged to have a technician come out right away rather than having to wait another week.

The technician came today. He was very nice and professional. He will be replacing the pump on our dishwasher.

However, while the technician was here I asked him if the water dispenser on the refrigerator we purchased at the same time should be dispensing water so slowly. He told me that it shouldn't and that there is probably something wrong with it. So now we have to start from square one with the refrigerator. Unfortunately, I am not sure it will be covered under a warranty so we may be paying for this one.

Neither of these appliances were bottom of the line appliances. We paid good money for them and I would expect quality. Not only do I expect quality but poor customer service is unacceptable. It's bad enough that both of the appliances we purchased from them don't work properly but to have to deal with customer service that could care less is insulting. So unless you can speak with Blue Ribbon which isn't easy because customer service will tell you they only except complaints by mail, expect poor service.

I think it is clear that Sears does not expect quality products manufactured or quality customer service. I still wouldn't recommend purchasing appliances from Sears based on quality and customer service needs serious improvements.

#195343

Dear Kuiperssm,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the pump failure on your Kenmore dishwasher. It's definitely not normal for a pump to last that relatively short period of time. I'd also like to apologize for the no call/no show of your repair department; our repair routing office dropped the ball and that is not acceptable. Sears has always strived to achieve the highest levels of customer service; we've fallen short of that in this case. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Kuiperssm) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.