With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Kenmore deep freezer model #255.19702010. We have had it for about 14 months and it died, no warning, just thawed out food.

Two things make me very mad about this-->1. I took good care of this freezer and stored it inside and free of clutter. 2. After looking online at the large amount of dead Kenmore freezers I thought that they might have extended the warranty out to cover there poor materials used on these freezers.

When I called Sears regarding this I was told the only thing that could be done is to send someone out which would require a fee. I explained to them all the issues with this particuliar model and they still wouldn't budge on the repair fee. I will have to pay just to get someone out here to look at it, which isn't worth it. With the service call and repair it will probably be more to repair than to buy a new one.

I called around and asked some appliance repair people about these freezers and they told me the same thing that I have been reading about online, extremely high repair rate and they seem to die right around 13-15 months. We are moving into a new house in 2 months and were going to purchase all new Kenmore appliances.

At this point with the bad taste left in my mouth from this experience I probably won't be buying any appliances from Sears.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

We purchased a 22 cf Kenmore Freezer which died after 16 months of usage. Called the local Sears dealer from which we purchased the freezer and got the run around.

In short, we are out of luck. Our attempt at replacing an element did not solve the problem. So now our only recourse is to alert anyone foolish enough to put trust in this appliance. Also we intend to paint on the freezer this information: NEVER BUY A KENMORE FREEZER.

THIS ONE DIED IN 16 MONTHS.

We will transport it to our local dump where patrons will see this message. Done with Sears!!!!!

I just removed hundreds of dollars of food that was destroyed when my Sears freezer failed after 15 months. In addition, a year into owning it, I received a notice that the freezer was shown to use more electricity than was advertised, so a rebate was available.

I will NEVER EVER buy ANY Kenmore appliance from Sears. Totally ROTTEN experience.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear jandh1000,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am deeply concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your freezer and our customer service. We understand the importance of saving everywhere we can and being charged for something that failed shortly after the manufacturers warranty can be a bit costly. We would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this matter and see what can be done to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the freezer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (jandh1000) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.

shonne30
to Sears Response Albany, Georgia, United States #791855

Hi my name is Lashona Hudson I have the same problem and it just died. Model #255.19702010.

It is not fair for me to have to pay someone to repair it or buy a new one, when it is faulty in the first place.

I am very dissatisfied with my purchase. I use to love sears until this happened.