Sears has a policy that you must return within 30 days of purchase, not delivery. I bought shorts for my son, who doesn't live with me, so I had to wait to see him.

Plus, I had been out of town because my mom was in the hospital. When I attempted return, I was within 30 days of delivery, but not purchase. They wouldn't even give me a store credit to Sears or Kmart. I basically lost the cost of the purchase.

:( I checked several other department stores for their return policy. None are so strict! I won't be ordering from Sears on line anymore.

I don't feel they are customer oriented.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Return policy, Unfair return policy.

Comments

Gainesville, Florida, United States #1226746

I went back to the store and spoke to the manager before posting my dissatisfaction with Sears' return policy in the first place. She said her hands were tied and that she did not agree with the policy either.

B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona, United States #1213922

I believe because of the online transaction, that could be the issue. Some items come from under vendors.

I would try this, and im not being smart,or disrespectful. Go back into the store. Ask to speak to the store manager, and explain the situation calmly. I would think you could at least receive store credit.

I dont believe they are trying to rip you off. So many merchants are changing because of so much dishonesty over the years.Best of luck