With Company response Not resolved

If you want quick, dependable response I recommend someone other than Sears.

The service department was unwilling at any time to expedite or escalate my call to get a technician out sooner. I was inconvenienced twice by this unit and received very little in return.

I have never heard a staff of people use the term "not our policy" so frequently. They said all of the warm, feel good things like 'we understand your frustration' and 'we are so very sorry'. It was just a routine.

I will never use sears for service again, and I certaintly will never buy a sears product because I know they will not stand behind it.

Comments

I took my craftsman *** wacker into my local sears for repair. The draw string was still attached to the pulley but wasn't grabbing so I could turn the engine over to start it.

This is the second craftsman *** wacker that I have had in the past 4 1/2 years. It wasn't the cheap model either. I paid $150 for it. The first one that broke was covered under warranty so they gave me a new one.

The second one was just past the warranty so I had to pay a $30 diagnosis fee. The customer rep said that someone would call me to and let me know if the repair was going to cost me more money. No one ever called me to let me know anything. I called on the day that the product was supposed to be returned to the store for pick up.

It took a half hour to get connected to someone that couldn't even speak English very well. They told me that my product was repaired and I could pick it up. I asked the rep if it was going to cost me any more money when I pick it up and the rep didn't know. They transferred me at least six times and took another half hour to connect to someone else.

After all that time I was told that the repair would not cost me anything else and that my *** wacker was repaired and ready to go. I picked up my *** wacker at my local store and discovered that they didn't repair my product at all. In fact they said that the starter assembly was bad and the valves were no good on the *** wacker. I was so disappointed with their customer service.

They promise you certain things and then they lie to you. I never abused my product and always followed the maintenance guide in the owner's manual. I took the thing apart myself and fixed it myself. They could at least have applied my $30 towards another *** wacker in the store.

Don't buy from sears or take anything back there for repairs. They just take your money, don't stand by their products and their customer service stinks.

I have thousands of dollars in craftsman tools, tool chests etc... I will not buy anything major from Sears ever again.

Dear Mr. Williams,

We want you to know we are here for assistance and we do care for our customers. It is clear that you are not pleased with Sears and at this time do not want to associate with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding the service you have received. It is our goal at Sears to not only meet but exceed our customer’s expectations. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the microwave was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, please reference to this posting so we can refer to your case.

David V.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

:? Their reply is a bunch of ***. They treated me the same way.

No legal recourse I know but wish I could afford a good lawyer for a clqass action suit. Bought microwave/convection oven, stop working 2, now 3 times in less than 18 months. Their reply, kiss off, pay for repairs or not. No repair with out it plus when I complained they sent me a extended warranty to pay more.

Never will I or my family ever go to one of your stores..Oh by the way..the second repair was their fault because of a wrong dianosis by technichian. The second tech told me the probalem was caused by fault of the plant it was assembled.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Womerb,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you experienced with our service unit. Here at Sears we do value you as a customer and would like the chance to look into this for you. My name is Shayne and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the service was scheduled under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Womerb) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Shayne W.