Chatham, IL, USA

I bougth a washer from Sears and as usual bought the 5-year extended warranty given prior experience with products breaking down (over the years, I bought multiple fridges, washers, dryers, freezers, ovens, diswahsers, etc. from Sears and others and know how low the industry standard has become nowadays).

The washer started leaking.

I called Sears and they scheduled a repair appointment. The techinician came and wouldn't touch the unit after he opened it and claimed there were mice droppings inside it. I asked him if the leak was due to mice activity, and he said he didn't know but he declared the unit out of warranty (due to the claimed mice activity) and due to that, he can't do anything with it anymore. I asked him if he can find where the leak is coming from and if it is indeed due to a mouse activity that I'll happily pay for it, but if not, it should be covered by the warranty.

He adamantly refused to touch the unit or do anything with it. When I realized that he wasn't going to do anything helpful I asked him to leave. He proceeded to leave without putting the unit back together (left the unit open with wires exposed, screws all over the place). I asked him to put it back together and he still refused repeating his claim that it was out of warranty.

He went on to leave and when I tried to stop him from leaving without putting the washer together, he threatened to call the police. He left and my washser is open and I'm now calling someone else to fix it.

I believe that after paying hundreds of $$ in warranty, one is entitled to a better service and experience than this. I will never ever again order anything from Sears.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Washing Machine Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sears Cons: Indifference, Repair service is the worst.

• Unsatisfactory Customer Service

Comments

try going back to sears and look for extension cords plugged in and any fire danger like exit doors locked or blocked. then call your local "code enforcement".

As long as you're boycotting Sears, I'd advise boycotting all "extended warranty" type schemes. They are not warranties in the sense of factory or manufacturer's warranty, but rather more like an insurance company with its twin departments of Delay and Deny.

At best, they'll get you back to where you were yesterday ; an old appliance that now "works". You'd be better off to save your money and use it to authorize and conduct your own repairs or replacements with vendors of your choice.