I purchased this Craftsman mower for $100 from a neighbor who never could get it to run. My previous mower was simple, cost me $35, had a rubber bulb to prime, simple throttle adjustment. It was old when I got it, lasted 7 seasons of rough treatment and neglect. This Craftsman is like new, mostly because no one can get it to run. It has some sort of automatic choke, a bunch of plastic parts and wimpy springs. I managed to mow my small yard one time, with 6 interruptions to tweak the throttle, took 2 hours for a 20 minute job.

Now I can't start it at all. I service my own dirt bikes, rebuild carbs, adjust vales, etc., but this thing is such garbage there is no repairing it. Called the Sears repair shop, they want $50 minimum to diagnose, then $99 minimum to service this POS, plus parts. I already have $99.75 more into this thing than it is worth. Lawn mower is like new, but I didn't purchase it from Sears, so no warranty. I can't believe they sell such garbage, then charge so much to just look at it that no one will opt to service it. POS mower, POS company.

Be warned, stay away from any Craftsman mower with automatic choke.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: It was the worst, Response to the issue.

Comments